With COVID-19 surging in our communities, Trinity Health’s updated guidance for meetings, business travel, and distributed work arrangements, has been extended to all leaders and colleagues of Mercy Health, St. Joe’s, IHA and MHPP through at least February 28.
Safety Guidance for Internal and External Events and Gatherings
- Essential in-person meetings should be limited to fewer than 25 participants following masking and physical distancing protocols. Examples of essential in-person meetings include daily unit huddles and Incident Command meetings.
- No other in-person meetings are permitted within our buildings. Please take advantage of virtual meeting tools for departmental and one-on-one meetings (Teams, WebEx).
- Avoid potlucks with open food. Plan gatherings virtually.
- Medical-grade face coverings must be worn by all colleagues working in our hospitals and buildings (fully vaccinated and unvaccinated) unless alone at their workspace or enclosed office more than 6 feet away from other colleagues or while they are eating or drinking.
- Continue with physical distancing and other established and proven safety protocols.
- If you are working partially or fully remotely, continue to do so until at least February 28.
- Visit COVID-19 Resources site for information on Contingency Staffing & Quarantine Guidance, which was announced last week.
- Business travel is permitted for essential work only through Feb. 28. Travel for essential business such as TogetherCare go lives and other work deemed essential by Mercy Health, St. Joe’s, MHPP or IHA senior leaders requires supervisor approval prior to travel.
We will closely monitor CDC guidance and positive cases in our communities and provide monthly updates until community transmission rates are low-to-moderate.
Thank you for your contributions to safety during this prolonged surge period.
President and CEO
Senior VP of Operations and President, St. Joe’s Oakland
Rosalie Tocco-Bradley, PhD, MD
Chief Clinical Officer
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry CHROs Tonia Schemer, Mary Rosser, Mary Kate Gibbons, Cheryl Goodell and Keyantee’ Davis