As part of our ongoing efforts to enhance our colleague experience, effective Sept. 14, 2021, The Hartford will begin providing leave of absence (LOA) and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) administration services to all St. Joseph Mercy colleagues including FMLA, ADAAA (Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act) and elective leaves of absence. The Hartford currently manages our short- and long-term disability programs, so this change means you will now have a single point of contact for all disability and leave requests.
What this means for you:
- Continuous leaves with a start date before Sept. 14, 2021: Colleagues who are currently on an approved continuous leave of absence (LOA) prior to Sept. 14, 2021 will continue to be managed by the local Leave Administrator; however, after September 14, 2021,the colleague can reach out to the Hartford for any questions related to their leave.
- Continuous leaves with a start date on or after Sept. 14, 2021: Colleagues should notify their immediate supervisor of their need for a leave of absence and initiate their request with The Hartford. The Hartford will determine eligibility and provide the colleague with Rights & Responsibilities, Eligibility Notice and Physician Certification form.
- All intermittent leaves: For any intermittent claims reported Sept. 14 or later, Colleagues will open a new intermittent leave of absence and report any intermittent absences to their immediate supervisor/timekeeper and The Hartford. Please note all intermittent FMLA dates must be reported to The Hartford on the same or following business day in which the absence occurs, or the time will be denied for late reporting. Intermittent dates can be reported telephonically to The Hartford or online via The Hartford My Benefits site.
- Return to Work Releases must be submitted to the Leave of Absence email (see below)
- It is important to reach out to The Hartford timely as well as provide complete and accurate documentation. Untimely notifications and incomplete paperwork will be subject to review and may result in a denial.
THE HARTFORD CONTACT INFORMATION: (On or after Sept. 14, 2021)
Phone: 1-855-532-7880 (Monday – Friday, 9 am – 9 pm EST)
Mailing address: The Hartford, P.O. Box 14285, Lexington, KY 40512-4305
Website: https://TheHartford.com/MyBenefits (for colleagues to manage their Leave Of Absence online)
LEAVE OF ABSENCE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Primary contact method – email: LOA_NSA2@trinity-health.org (email specific to LOA questions)
HR4U Colleague Portal: https://hr4u.trinity-health.org