Outlook email distribution groups are moving to Microsoft 365 on Aug. 18 and will be re-named to include “-0365.” All messages sent to the previous email address will automatically forward to the new address with the “-0365” extension.
After that date, follow these steps when you want to be added as a member to an email distribution group in Outlook:
- In Outlook, type the distribution group email address in the “to” field of a new message
- Right click on the email address to view details
- Click on “Members”
- The colleague who owns that group will be displayed under “Owner.” (If there is no owner displayed, submit a ServiceNow request and note that there is no group owner. TIS will add you)
- Email the owner of the group and request to be added as a member
- The owner will add you as a member or explain why the request is denied
The change will occur on Aug. 18 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET. There could be a 15 – 30 min. interruption of service for messages sent to the old email address (the one that excludes -0365) during this time and the sender will receive an undeliverable message. No other interruption of service is expected.
For distribution group owners
After Aug. 18, add and delete members from the groups you own in Outlook following this job aid.