Help Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Follow these five steps and “walk like a penguin” to stay safe. Make sure to walk flat footed and take short steps. Also, wear footwear that provides traction. Be sure to step down, not out from curbs. Put your arms out and use them for balance. Lastly, carry only what you can and make additional trips if necessary.
More Tips and Pointers to Keep You Safe and Upright:
- Look where you are walking. You should be able to see the walking surface below you and where you are going.
- Do not drive or walk and text at the same time.
- Be aware of current and emerging ice and snow conditions.
- Use designated sidewalks – no short cuts.
- Keep hands free when possible.
- If you can see ice and snow, take slow short steps and walk like a penguin.
Look for more fall prevention tips next week!