The holiday season is approaching and due to the threat of COVID-19, it’s important that you stay safe if you choose to celebrate. Wear a mask, physical distance and wash your hands.
Whether you are hosting or attending a gathering, or planning to travel, here are some things you should be aware of:
- COVID-19 case levels and spread in your community — High levels of spread in the gathering location, as well as where attendees are coming from, increases the risk of infection.
- Celebration location — Outside is better than inside. Indoor gatherings generally pose more risk.
- Celebration duration — Shorter gatherings are best. Events that last longer pose more risk.
- Number of attendees — Gatherings with more people pose a higher risk than those with fewer.
- Traveling attendees — Gatherings with attendees who live in the same area pose a lower risk
- Personal behavior — Adhering to social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart), mask wearing, hand washing, and other prevention behaviors lowers risk.